The State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC) allows employees of state agencies, junior and community colleges, and universities throughout Texas to donate to a number of local, statewide or national charities in a one-time gift or through payroll deduction. Learn more about the SECC and United Way of San Antonio.
Giving is easy and convenient. Choose from over 500 nonprofits, and make a donation to your favorite charities through the SECC. You can give through a monthly payroll deduction and spread your gift out across the year, or participate through a one-time donation for the charities of your choice.
All charities in the campaign must meet strict eligibility criteria to qualify. They must also not spend more than 25% of their annual revenue for administrative/fundraising expenses and be in good financial standing.
This means that more of your contribution gets to the charities you select than in almost any similar fund-raising activity.
Through the United Way, Roadrunners can donate to 500+ organizations. Browse the Charities List to find your favorites. There is a wide array of participating organizations – focused on everything from Alzheimer’s and cancer research to veteran support and animal care services – to choose from!
Giving through the SECC allows you to support a favorite cause or charity. The past few years have encouraged many of us to take a closer look at our communities and to consider how we can make a difference. Giving to charity, and particularly locally, can be a powerful way to invest in the people and places that make up our everyday lives.
You are well-placed to identify causes in your community that could benefit from charitable giving and support. You might also have insights into how to donate your money or time to magnify your positive impact and strengthen your community.
In addition to donating to a worthy cause, all donations are tax-deductible.
First, consider participating as a leadership giver, one of the many people who like to do a little more by donating at the leadership giving levels.
Second, consider one of the standards used in campaigns like this throughout the nation. Giving one hour’s pay per month is usually calculated as .006 of your annual salary.
Third, give what you feel is appropriate for you and your budget. Any gift, no matter how large or small, can make all the difference in the world to the charities in this campaign.
The minimum amount to give is $5 by credit card and $3 per month for payroll dedication. Non-benefits eligible faculty and staff and students may give one-time gifts by cash or check using the pledge form.
Payroll deduction offers the opportunity for your gift to go further and make a larger impact. You can manage your own philanthropy, it saves time while taking little effort and it’s sustainable by reducing paper pledges.
- Deduction starts in December and will be reflected in your January paycheck.
- Deductions are made after taxes.
- Payroll deduction frequency is based on your payroll cycle. If you are paid on the 9-month cycle it will be spread across 9 months. If you are paid on a 12-month cycle it will be spread across the 12 months.
- Deductions may be stopped any time by contacting Payroll Management Services.
Payroll deduction can be done online or through a printer pledge form:
- Online – Click on the orange ‘Make Your Gift’ button at the top of the page and make your donation.
- Printed Form – Download, fill out, and print out your form. Then submit it using campus mail to: Attention: SECC | UTSA Fiscal Services | One UTSA Circle | JPL 1.02.02 | San Antonio, Texas 78249
It’s easy to give online through e-Pledge, the online United Way pledging service! Follow the instructions below – or download a PDF walk-through – to donate. Note that you will be logged off after 20 minutes of inactivity.
Login to United Way’s Donation Portal
- Click on the orange ‘Make Your Gift’ button at the top of the page.
- Login to the donation portal with your myUTSA ID (your abc123 credentials).
- Issues? Contact University Technology Solutions at (210) 458-5555 or email@example.com.
Choose Pledge Amount
- Click on the “Pledge Now” button.
- Select payment type. You can choose Payroll Deduction or Credit/Debit Card.
- Enter pledge amount and frequency.
- Designate your organization(s) of choice. Locate agency names to which you wish to donate in the Charities Listings or use the search feature by typing a keyword in the agency name field, then clicking search.
- Designate the amount to the organization of your choice.
- Percentage: type the percent you wish to designate to each agency.
- Dollar Amount: type the dollar amount you wish to designate to each agency. The amounts entered cannot exceed the total annual gift you previously designated listed at the top of the page.
Confirm and Submit
- Confirm organization designation amount.
- Select acknowledgement and additional gift options.
- Confirm donation.
- Enter your billing address, payment information & final submission.
- Press the “Submit” button at the bottom of this page, and you’re done!
$10/month for one year
$20/month for one year